Minutes of the July 9, 2015 Friends of Camp Floyd Meeting
Conducting: Michael Helmantoler
Present: Russ Felt, Chuck Mood, Connie Beck
1. Preparations for the Labor day activities – Saturday from 10 AM – 4 PM , Michael, Russ and Chuck will be in the living history area. We will re-invite the Pony Express entertainers. The Living History enactors will have the usual tents and exhibits. The town is working on a possible large fireworks display for Saturday night. On Monday September 7, Labor Day, Michael and the Pony Express entertainers will be participating in the Lehi Heritage Day event at Wines Park from 2 to 6 PM.
The Carson family Reunion will occur at noon on July 18 in the State Park pavilion.Contact Lynn and Pam Carson at pamcarsonATgmail.com. Everyone is invited. Bring your own lunch. Pam and Lynn’s book on Frogtowwn is for sale at the reunion, in the park commisarry and are also for sale on-line at http://www.swiftprintingonline.com/books/products/
2. Signage planned by the Town of Fairfield – Brad will check out the feasibility of placing the sign om the Friends of Camp Floyd lot near the edge of the Palmer property and Kofford property about 15 feet in from the road shoulder. Michael has two finished 8’x8′ grey flannel covered metal frame flats that could be used as a prototype sign for promoting Labor day activities.
3. Property acquisition activities – The park has acquired a new replica 1841 Mississippi rife used at Camp Floyd. Russ offered to help to acquire more weapons to complete the collection. Contacts have been made by the park and friends with adjacent property owners about sale and/donation of land for historic preservation.
4. Additional living history days – The enactors are requesting additional events on non-traditional holidays. We discussed a Saturday November 7th or 14th date for the dedication of the new 90′ replica flag pole acquired by the park. These are weekends surrounding Veterans day on Wednesday. This would be a military color gaurd event that would have appeal to the public and could be an annual event as well as become a part of the Memorial Day and Labor Day events.
5. Nominations and elections – Nominations,including self nominations. are open for board elections. If another meeting date would allow more volunteer participation that can be open for vote on our Google Plus tool.
Next Meeting August 6, 2015 at 7 PM at Lehi Historical Archives 2100 N Lehi, UT. Brad Gurney will conduct the meeting.